28 Jan 2013

COMING SOON - JULES DOES ELTON

After years of tracking the shirt tails of artists such as Elton John, I recently decided to start up a tribute band devoted to the music of the man, and particularly the music he wrote and performed during the 70s, which all agree was his best period. 

As well as the hits I shall be performing some of his more interesting tracks which did not become singles, I really love some of his old ballads such as "Come Down In Time", "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" and "Tiny Dancer". But Elton during his early years wasn't just interested in ballads, great though they were, and there shall be more than a fair share of his rock material. I will of course also be playing a good deal of his later material too, songs like "Sacrifice", "Blue Eyes" can not be forgotten so easily. Look at the full list of songs I plan to cover.

Initially I do not intend the project to be a one to one cover band, as a strong performer (along with my comusicians) I think its right that my character also comes through. I hope what I can achieve is to freshen up many of his songs and present them in a new and refreshing way.

The project will be starting in March, and I already have my musicians lined up and motivated.

If anyone has any requests I would be glad to consider them.
    

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete